Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Raya Blues

Hey all... It has been a few weeks since my last post. Been busy with classes and life lol. The festive season is still going on but the peak has slightly died down. It has been a whirlwind month... Filled with ups and downs... But all in all my Aidilfitri was a fun event. My whole family was home and we all had loads of fun.

A few days before Aidilfitri, we started baking cookies and cooked an array of delicacies famous in Malaysia. On the day, we had ketupat palas, which is a form of sticky rice in a special palm leaf called palas and we eat it with beef rendang which is a type of thick curry like gravy like so :




(below is the ketupat palas and rendang and above is one of the cookies we made)

On the day of Aidilfitri before we start our day, we had our Aidilfitri prayers. After asking forgiveness from Allah and from our elders we proceeded to attack our wholesome food!! We had tomato rice, chicken curry tomato, pounded spicy beef with onions, vegetable curry and a whole lot of other sweet stuff! Then after the ritual duit raya or angpow we took the annual Aidilfitri pictures.



(My family whom i love very much)

It has been a great Aidilfitri so far... but I've had a few bumps these few days. Was kinda sad last night but I am A-OK now... I am very happy so far. I am kinda healthy, I am satisfied and I am in love... very much... It is the kind of romance that took me by surprise but I am happy with things are right now. To that person, you know who you are... I love you...

I will be going back to campus tomorrow. Supposed to be going back today but I need to renew my driver's license before I go back. Then off to my serious studious life and then not much of anything else... Gotta watch what I eat again lol.. the festive season has not been kind... Despite of me watching what I stuff in my mouth, the amount of food I had to eat at friends' and families' place has gone straight to my tummy and thighs lol... Strict diet!! Come December I have to be a size 10 hopefully... I after all have a wedding to attend. Not mine though lol...

Well will update more if I suddenly found some profound thought that I need to send into the void... Toodles!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment