Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

What is L.O.V.E?

Love... What the heck is it? It seems like the age old question with a lot of people if not all wondering what the answer might be... If you do get the answer then comes a never ending parade of other questions pertaining to the matter like does true love really exists? or is there love at first sight? or can love last forever? and can I love the same person for the rest of my life?

Love is ever complicated. You fall in love and you fall out of love... Either way you're screwed because in or out, you are falling and it will hurt. I know... I have been there...

I used to love being in love. Then I met him and I never knew love could hurt so bad. It makes me regret being in love and I for one don't really regret things. Five years... I endured it... I was the dumb one here... He moved on and I was too dumb to see... I found out about the ultimatum the hard way through FB and through text. I was emotionally scared. I hated everything about love from that day onwards... I was self destructive and hater of all things nice and dandy for two solid years. My real player playlist sounds like songs people would play at a funeral. It was that bad...

My effed up love life also messed up my health and it has never been right after that. I hated love... every bit of it... I hated all the love songs, all the romantic movies and I even hated the guys who tried to flirt with me. I know...messed up right? I was so angry all the time... I would cry most of the time... I was like that for two years... and then one day... I was no longer like that...

You see, I think love is unexplainable... Why? Well two years ago I hated love but now... It seems I am warming up to it again... Is it a guy? Maybe... But I was better even before I met him... I began to love life again... I loved all the love songs again. I go to the movies just to watch romantic movies and I even began to feel prettier because of what I am feeling inside... What was it? The anticipation of love...

Earlier today I saw a movie called Under the Tuscan Sun with Diane Lane. There was a lovely quote in there that sounded something like this, "Signora, between Austria and Italy, there is a section of the Alps called the Semmering. It is impossibly steep, very high part of the mountains. They built a train track over these Alps to connect Vienna and Venice. They built these tracks even before there was a train in existence that could make the trip. They built it because they knew some day, the train would come..."

Confused?

Well I think it means to always be ready for love... Make some room in your heart for this unexpected visitor. Who knows, if you are lucky, that visitor might stay...

Back to my question earlier... what is love?

I say don't give a damn and just go with it...

0 comments:

Post a Comment